Deck Disaster!!! Episode 02

Homebrew Magical Idol Campaign
cherry
Site Admin
Posts: 9

Deck Disaster!!! Episode 02

Post#1 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:03 am

OKAY
You are seated inside a massive conference room. Gigantic windows are to one side, and you can see the entire skyline of Dorunata City as it floats above your planet. The receptionist comes in, a pretty orc man with a thin frame and teal-green skin. He brushes his black hair out of his eyes and adjusts his frameless glasses. His gold septum piercing sparkles and matches the gold watch on his right arm. He is wearing a black vest, black slacks, pointed black shoes, and a white collared shirt rolled up at the sleeves. He makes a little bow with his head and says in a soft lilting voice, "May I get you anything? Coffee, Tea?"
Oct 27, 4:07 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
Abel glances up from his reading, blinking as he takes in the question. The light had changed considerably since he sat down to peruse his files (musical notation, lyrics, choreography notes). Sitting up, he shuffles the pages neatly into their folder before tucking a stray lock of black hair behind his ear. He smiles at the receptionist politely.

"Tea, if you don't mind." he says. "Paruvian Grey, no milk or sugar please."
Dilraj • Oct 27, 4:12 PM
He makes a gentle bow with his head again, and turns to leave. He gives you the smallest smile and his green eyes flash gold in the sunlight as he walks out of the room. You are alone, until a series of messages comes through on your iRune. Parees is frantically texting you, apologizing for being late, something about Morthos not waking up on time. She seems extremely upset, considering all the work she went through to convince you to meet with Morthos and consider teaming with him as a duo idol group.
You hear a knock at the door as the receptionist announces himself. He carries a sterling silver tea tray with an elegantly tall kettle, and a little teacup. He places them in front of you gingerly.
"Miss Parees has requested that I take a lead until she arrives, if that suits you." He rests his right hand over the left side of his chest and bows a little more deeply this time.
Oct 27, 4:19 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
Abel flicks through his iRune in vague amusement tinged with annoyance. Parees' messages became increasingly frantic until they trailed off into near incoherency. She was really upset with this Morthos fellow, and frankly Abel couldn't blame her. It was the height of unprofessionalism to be /this/ late, not to mention to what would essentially amount to an interview of sorts. Abel wasn't even sure if he wanted to partner up, after all he was skilled enough on his own to charm a crowd. The only reason he'd bothered to acquiesce to this meeting was due to the buzz surrounding the young man - the hero idol. He smirked. "That remains to be seen, he thought. If Parees has /this/ much trouble wrangling him, is riding the buzz even worth the bother?"

His mental arithmetic of pros versus cons was cut short by the return of the receptionist, carrying his blessed tea with him. Abel smiled as the man set the elegant arrangement down and made his offer.

"Her messages say she will arrive shortly, but I don't suppose it should be any issue for us to begin discussions now." he said, stirring his tea before bringing it up to his lips. He paused, setting down onto the saucer once more. "Apologies, but I don't believe I've gotten your name."
Dilraj • Oct 27, 4:26 PM
The orc gracefully takes a seat and places a parchment pad in front of himself. He licks his quill and smiles at you,
"My name is Talek, Abel-sir."
He brings out a series of papers and looks over them briefly before interlocking his fingers as he leans on his elbows.
"To begin, Miss Parees would like for me to again extend her apologies. She is new as a manager, but Morthos would be a handful for anyone. Secondly, she appreciates you taking your time to meet with her, and would like for me to convey why Morthos would be an excellent choice as a partner."
Talek smiles, leaning back in the chair as he meets your eyes.
Oct 27, 4:31 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
Abel nods, lifting his cup up to take a sip of tea. "That sounds reasonable, I myself am curious as to what sort of plan she has come up with. If i were being honest, Morthos wouldn't have been my first choice in a partner, but I'm open to hearing the pitch." He meets Talek's eyes evenly, attentive.
Dilraj • Oct 27, 4:34 PM
Talek stands, pulling out a small remote and clicking it. The lights dim and the shades on the windows go down. The board on the far end of the room lights up and Talek gestures with a flourish as a poster-worthy shot of Morthos appears on-screen. Morthos is bearing down on his microphone, handsome and intense as bright stage lights flash around him.
"MORTHOS! Earning the recent nickname of "Hero Idol" through carefully choreographed and skillfully executed performance you surely must have just seen."
((hey Mik :D))
Oct 27, 4:37 PM
Mikhaila Leid
((hey!!!))
Mikhaila • Oct 27, 4:38 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
((Mik!!! <3333))
((omg gotta get used to double brackets hahaha)))
((omg i tripled them... i'm failing already))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 4:38 PM
"This performance of perfection could never have been done without the organizational genius and planning of Miss Parees, who while young and inexperienced has already proven she's got the right stuff to take someone all the way to the top!" Talek winks at you, making his way around the table. He gracefully raises a hand to his chin, while his other hand cups his elbow.
"Without a doubt, she has a formula for success, and with Morthos' natural appeal as a rowdy troublesome type, he's certain to turn heads, which will place the spotlight equally on you!"
((Mik if you want I can definitely introduce you into this rp, text me your character's name and basic info lol))
Oct 27, 4:43 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((Time to CATCH UP omg))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 4:44 PM
Mikhaila Leid
((screams because I had a sheet in an online type thing but never saved it so i forgot her name)))
Mikhaila • Oct 27, 4:45 PM
((YAAAY EVERYONE'S HERE IT'S A DREAM COME TRUE))
Oct 27, 4:45 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
Abel sat back in his chair, crossing his legs & bringing a hand up to play with a lock of black hair as he took in the pitch. It was true Morthos was about as handsome as they came - strapping, confident, teeth flashing white amidst the flicker of stage lights - the picture of virility, the crowd would positively go wild. But was that enough? Could that be reigned in, developed?

He turned his eyes back to Tarek. "It's true that his debut has been quite the sensation, talk has been of little else. Natural presence, charisma - he's got it all in spades. But how coachable is he? If i were to partner, I certainly wouldn't want the spotlight solely on him, nor to just be a support. I have my reservations if our brands are even able to be mixed, if I'm being frank."

He pursed his lips, glancing out the window but taking in little. His eyes were glazed over as he made rapid calculations in his head, weighing cause and effect. He began thinking out loud, "Though, a combination like ours would certainly be unexpected, which isn't something to be ignored. Parees is young, but she's got an eye. With my own talents, we could really hone this unit into something great..." He trailed off, glancing back at Tarek once more.

"I suppose I'm saying that I'm intrigued, and not adverse to it." he said finally, grinning.
((lmao sorry for walls of text... i just long form bc Idk what i'm doing ^_^))
((YAY VANESSA))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 4:46 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
(( ❤ Caught UP YAY gotta find my sheets))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 4:47 PM
The orc grins back, slightly sharp and white teeth flashing. He opens his mouth to respond until a small buzz in his pocket distracts him. He makes a little bow, and with a single click the shades go back up and the image of Morthos fades in the new sunlight.
"That is most excellent to hear Abel-sir. It seems Miss Parees and Morthos have made their way. I will buzz them inside and you can continue your conversation."
As he walks past you, he gently touches your shoulder with his fingertips, before opening the door and exiting.
((Alright Vanessa lmk when you're ready lol same w you Mik!))
Oct 27, 4:50 PM
Mikhaila Leid
((I don't think I'm ready yet! Is it cool if I watch? If not it's cool))
Mikhaila • Oct 27, 4:52 PM
((it's totally cool!))
Oct 27, 4:52 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((Okay let's do this haha))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 4:53 PM
((OKAY!!!!))
Morthos and Parees ride silently in the elevator. Parees shifts nervously. Today you will be meeting an addition to your act. Going solo has been fine, but Parees insists that the right pairings can increase your appeal as an entertainer.
Oct 27, 4:54 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
Morthos stifles a yawn by chomping down into a golden apple. It hangs out his mouth as he casually flips through his device, one ear trained on Parees and the other half listening to the track he was supposed to have studied. He mutters something into the apple.
Vanessa • Oct 27, 4:56 PM
Each floor dings cheerfully, and the enamel pin on your shirt feels heavy. The enchanted microphone-wand-whatever turned itself into a pin, which you keep finding on your clothes no matter how far you threw it off your balcony.
Oct 27, 4:56 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((hahahaha))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 4:57 PM
The doors slide open and a pretty orc boy receptionist buzzes you in to the meeting room Parees arranged. The room has a massive oval table, far too many chairs, an enchanted writing wall, and massive floor-to-ceiling windows. And a person. Parees clears her throat, "Thank you for meeting us here! Morthos, this is your new partner Abel - pending talks!" She adds nervously.
Oct 27, 4:57 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
Morthos attempts to say something else, eyes dragging over Abel as he shuts off and pockets his device, the apple still hanging from his mouth. Finally he takes it, crisply snapping off a piece and eating it. "Nice meeting you, Abel."
Vanessa • Oct 27, 4:59 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
Abel looks up as the meeting door swings open once more, allowing a marginally dishevelled Parees (she looked as though she'd at least _tried_ to straighten up before entering), towing the young man of the hour near bodily alongside her. He was clutching half an eaten apple (most of it on his face). _Yeesh_.

Abel stood up politely, taking a few steps forward as the others entered the room. He matched Morthos' assessing gaze with a cool one of his own, flicking his eyes down, then up. He smiled, all business. "A pleasure to meet you as well. I trust you're rested, then?"
((lmao sorry he's gonna be a bich he can't help it lmao))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 5:01 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((hahahaha oh he will deserve it, undoubtedly))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 5:02 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
((also the _text_ is supposed to be italics, google lied to me))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 5:02 PM
Parees slides past Abel nodding her head apologetically and smoothing her skirt as she takes a seat. She places a hand on her chest and exhales.
Oct 27, 5:02 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
((also i keep changing tenses, apologies in advance lol))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 5:03 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
Morthos snorts at the chiding comment, snapping off another bite of apple before bothering to answer. "Yep. Beauty sleep is important for top idols. Maybe write that down."
Vanessa • Oct 27, 5:03 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
((SCREAMS FJSKLFJ HAHAHA))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 5:03 PM
Mikhaila Leid
((damn morthos))
Mikhaila • Oct 27, 5:03 PM
((Y O OMG LOL))
Oct 27, 5:04 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
Abel's eyebrows snaps up and his smile chills even further. "Yes, well I suppose some of us need it more than others. Do try to catch up." He eyes the apple sludge smearing the corner of Morthos' mouth pointedly. "Napkin?" He asks politely
Dilraj • Oct 27, 5:04 PM
Parees freezes, her eyes going wide as saucers as all blood drains from her face and she stares at Morthos.
Oct 27, 5:04 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((hahahaha he pushes people away so this is fun))
Morthos considers it overdramatically with a humming noise, then shakes his head just slightly. He runs his thumb along the edge of his mouth and flicks his tongue over the bit of apple while staring Abel down.
Vanessa • Oct 27, 5:06 PM
Parees lets out a high pitched nervous bark of laughter as she gets between Abel and Morthos, attempting to diffuse the situation.
"N-now now ....... Let's have a seat shall we?"
Oct 27, 5:07 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((poor Parees lmao))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 5:07 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
Abel rolls his eyes, turning his attention to Parees as he takes a seat. Legs crossed, he picks up the dossier Tarek had left on the table. "We'd only just begun reviewing the pitch, but I suppose now that you're hear we can jump straight to it."
Dilraj • Oct 27, 5:08 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
Shrugging, Morthos once again has what's left of the apple in his mouth, crunching down hard through the core. His tail flicks and lifts his chair up and out, making for a smooth yet drawn out motion of following orders. The rest of the apple disappears with a lick of his lips, looking to his manager with hands clasped.
Vanessa • Oct 27, 5:10 PM
Parees smiles beatifically and some colour returns to her face as she takes a seat.
"Now-"
A crash comes from outside the door, and large banging is heard. The receptionist runs in, slamming the door behind him and locking it. He turns and looks at you all, eyes wide and afraid.
"Some fans managed to slip upstairs past security! I could deal with them myself, but then suddenly a performer from your concert started going nuts!"
Parees looks at him, confused.
"Performers?"
"You know! O-one of the Cards?! From the Wonderland act?" He stammers out, before fainting.
Oct 27, 5:11 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
Abel stares at the limp pile of receptionist, before slowly looking to Parees in confusion. "Am I to take it this is par for course with you? I'm beginning to wonder what I've gotten myself into here."
Dilraj • Oct 27, 5:12 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
Morthos curses in Infernal and folds his arms. "Please tell me this isn't happening again. Fans in costume I can handle, but if it's..."
Vanessa • Oct 27, 5:13 PM
Parees' face drains as she looks at Morthos. Morthos' pin begins to pulse orange, glowing brightly before popping off, going full-size, and resting in Morthos' hand in a slash of light.
Oct 27, 5:14 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
"Wait, again?"
Abel stares wide eyed. He'd heard of high production values, but this was getting to be ridiculous.
Dilraj • Oct 27, 5:14 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
Morthos lets out a loud huff, eyes dropping to follow the pin's transformation. "Guess that answers that," he mutters, snatching it up and turning it over in his fingers.
Vanessa • Oct 27, 5:15 PM
The object hums in your hand, as though waiting for something. The banging on the door becomes more insistent. Parees rushes over to where the receptionist fell, and drags him away from it.
Oct 27, 5:15 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
Abel steps quietly behind a chair for cover, eyes sharp. He had no idea what was happening, but the vibe in the room was beginning to feel more than just a little dangerous. This really wasn't what he signed up for.
Dilraj • Oct 27, 5:17 PM
((did you forget your transformation words lol))
Oct 27, 5:18 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
Morthos finally rises to his feet, tail moving his chair out from under himself to walk square in front of the doors without getting too close. He gives the object a shake. "How... did this go..."
((yes lmao BUT SO DID HE))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 5:18 PM
((XD Spicy Rhapsody Transform))
((because ur a spicy boy))
Oct 27, 5:19 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((nice~))
Morthos, acting like there's not a pressing threat, mulls it over, tongue gliding over his lower lip in thought. "Spice? Spicy... mm... ah, right." He twirls it in his fingers, trying not to portray how much of a fool he feels for believing this might work a second time. "Spicy Rhapsody... Transform."
Vanessa • Oct 27, 5:20 PM
A bright light envelopes you, and your clothing changes to the costume from the Wonderland show. Your head feels warm, and glancing at the window you see that your eyes and hair have changed again. The wand in your hand emits a burst of light and you are once again holding your sword.
Oct 27, 5:21 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
"What the f--" Abel manages to get out before shrinking back from the burst of light.
Dilraj • Oct 27, 5:21 PM
((okay let's roll initiative! you too dee even if all you can do is hide and throw chairs lol))
((oh shit the monster got a nat 20 lol))
Oct 27, 5:22 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
Morthos grins unabashedly at himself, quite liking this makeover, from the inverted eyes and even the frosted hair.
Vanessa • Oct 27, 5:22 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
((16+3 = 19)
Dilraj • Oct 27, 5:22 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((well grEAT))
((8+3=11 lol good job boy ))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 5:23 PM
The doors on the room heave before bursting inward, a giant Cardsta standing in the doorway. The force knocks boxes and electronic equipment to the ground. It seems the fans who came up earlier have evacuated somewhere, and aside from the fainted receptionist, there's no one else but you three and the Card.
((Vanessa your sheet isn't loading so I'm gonna rely on you to lmk if I beat your AC XD I trust u))
Oct 27, 5:24 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((oh nooo I can try reuploading))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 5:24 PM
((Monster rolled a 14))
Oct 27, 5:25 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((okay it should be up, apparently the art is 0kb too wtf))
((AC is 15 >:D))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 5:26 PM
The creature swings at Morthos, and just barely misses! You can feel the force of the swing rippling through the air as it pushes you away slightly.
((turn over))
Oct 27, 5:27 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
Abel stares in shock at the... thing.... that appeared. He gingerly removes the ornate kettle & picks up the silver tray, holding it like some sort of make shift weapon, before taking several more steps back and glancing at Parees in alarm. "UH HEY, so I know you guys are running the whole Hero schtick, but uh... is this part of your pitch, or....should I be worried?"
Dilraj • Oct 27, 5:29 PM
Mikhaila Leid
((btw def will be leaving in half an hr gotta wake up early but i love watching yall go))
Mikhaila • Oct 27, 5:29 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
((turn over))
((aww okay! Can't wait to play with you next time <3))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 5:29 PM
Parees squeaks as she hides under the table, dragging Talek's body with her. "Um, those reports ... may be a little exaggerated?"
Oct 27, 5:30 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
Morthos hoots a laugh caused by the adrenaline of almost being hit. The sword feels slightly unwieldy in his hand but he gives this a shot, slicing through the air at the monster.
((18+4=22 ooooh))
((Apparently Morthos likes showing off *eyebrow waggle* ))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 5:33 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
((lmao))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 5:33 PM
((dang dude lol))
The rapier makes contact, stunning the monster briefly and it howls in pain. That definitely did some damage!
Oct 27, 5:34 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((good thing he got that extra sleep ;D ))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 5:35 PM
((LOL))
((god this monster is shit it got a 4 to your AC lol))
Oct 27, 5:35 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
((WOO))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 5:35 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((fully expected him to get his ass handed to him for that, nice))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 5:35 PM
The Cardsta, clearly suffering from the stun, windmills its arms wildly and ends up walking into the table.
((turn over lol))
Oct 27, 5:36 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
Abel stares as Morthos (with his new look?) takes the monster on, laughing like a hooligan. He almost allows himself a smile when he realizes that, HEY, the freaking monster is headed their way! Biting down an unbecoming curse word, he instead grabs at Parees and the receptionist, trying to pull them up and away from the table.

"M-move, we have to move!"

(( turn over ))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 5:38 PM
Parees scrambles away with Abel, scooting as far back against the wall as she can get.
((oooo a 16 ... beat your AC just barely, it's a hit))
((let's check out the damage))
Oct 27, 5:40 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((defeated by hubris))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 5:41 PM
((ouch, eight points))
Oct 27, 5:42 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
((oof))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 5:42 PM
The monster regains its senses and turns on you, it seems to get bigger the angrier it gets, and it brings both of its massive hands down on you, clouting you solidly.
((turn over))
Oct 27, 5:43 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
Morthos lets out a gasp and a growl, punctuated more by the new fiery orange eyes in a sea of black. He lunges carelessly to attack in return.
((ausgusygisdgh 4+4=8 lmao))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 5:44 PM
((a solid miss lol))
Oct 27, 5:45 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
Instead his sword swishes through the air and he ends up off balance. ((end turn))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 5:45 PM
The monster easily sidesteps you and advances.
Oct 27, 5:45 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
Abel clicks his tongue in annoyance, what was that idiot doing? Swallowing down his fear, he clutches the silver tray in his trembling hands with some determination. Taking careful aim, he whips it at the monster like a discus, aiming for it's head.

(( So uhhh how do i do an attack roll with an improvised ranged weapon? lol ))
(( I"m assuming ranged attack using dex, but idk what to do for damage if it hits lol ))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 5:47 PM
((let's count it as a blunt object because idk if you're spinning it fast enough to do slicing damage lol, so i think 2d4))
Oct 27, 5:47 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((ALL THE DAMAGE))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 5:48 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
(( ok cool lol, rolling now ))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 5:48 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((knock it the heck out))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 5:48 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
((SCREAMS UR NOT GONNA BELIEVE ME BUT I NAT 20'D ))
(( I S2G ))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 5:48 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((YAAAASS))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 5:48 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
(( KISSES MY NEW D20 YOU CAN STAY FOREVER ))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 5:49 PM
((LOL))
((absolutely a hit lol))
Oct 27, 5:49 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
(( I rolled it & squinted like "wait, what's that weird symbo--- OHHHH WAIT OMG"
((Ok so what is damage on a crit? Max damage? Do I roll & add something? ))
(( I"ve literally never crit'd in 5e lol ))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 5:50 PM
((yeah i'm gonna max damage you lol that's a solid eight points))
Oct 27, 5:50 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
" When you score a critical hit, you get to roll extra dice for the attack’s damage against the target. Roll all of the attack’s damage dice twice and add them together. Then add any relevant modifiers as normal. To speed up play, you can roll all the damage dice at once. "
Dilraj • Oct 27, 5:50 PM
((oh shit then yes do 4d4 lol))
Oct 27, 5:51 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((hahaha awwwww))
((PLEASE KILL IT, THAT WOULD BE SO FUNNY))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 5:51 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
(( omg... ))
(( Roll(4d4)+2:
4,2,3,3,+2
Total:14 ))
(( used online roller bc i don't feel like digging for d4s ))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 5:52 PM
((wow massive hit lol))
((not enough to kill it but enough to piss it off lol))
Oct 27, 5:52 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
(( THIS IS RIDIC I JUST THREW A FUCKING SERVING TRAY LMAO YOU MAY WANNA NERF THAT ))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 5:52 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((HAHAHA slices his friggin neck open and gushing blood))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 5:53 PM
The tray slams into the Cardsta's neck, and it lets out a noise that can barely be classified as something from the living. You suddenly realize that it has been getting bigger the angrier it gets, and soon it fills the entire room. Finally taking notice of you, it reaches a massive hand out to grab Abel.
Oct 27, 5:54 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
Abel lets out a smart-mouthed "HA" as the tray flies true & ricochets off the creatures head with a satisfying metallic clang. His joy is short lived as he realizes the monster's gaze has turned angrily towards him, gulping, he leaps to the side & begins to run further away from Parees and the receptionist, to keep them out of the line of fire.

(( end turn ))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 5:54 PM
((roll for acrobatics to dodge))
Oct 27, 5:54 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
(( 14 + 3 = 17 ))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 5:55 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((please don't have used up your best roll lmao))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 5:55 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
(( i'm literally making out with this d20 as we speak ))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 5:55 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((phew that should be good))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 5:55 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
(( I play rolled and got a 19 screams i wasted a 19!!!!!!! ))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 5:55 PM
((oh god see that 19 would have saved you lol the monster got an 18))
Oct 27, 5:55 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((omg...))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 5:56 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
(( SON OF A-- ))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 5:56 PM
The Cardsta grabs you, its hand dwarfing your body, and angrily shakes you as one would a ragdoll. Looking at Morthos, it reaches the other hand out.
((acrobatics to dodgeeee))
Oct 27, 5:57 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((oh god uh uh))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 5:58 PM
((monster got a 4 lol))
((you should make this XD))
Oct 27, 5:58 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((10+3=13 I am dead))
((OR NOT SOMEHOW))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 5:58 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
(( WHERE WAS MY 4 ))
(( SCREAMS LMAO ))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 5:58 PM
Morthos jumps to the side with catlike reflexes. He makes fighting look easy!
((turn over))
Oct 27, 5:59 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
With another laugh, this time of disbelief, Morthos straightens back up with his sword at the ready. "Don't you know it's rude to invite yourself to meetings?" he hoots, lunging at it in attempt to strike
Vanessa • Oct 27, 6:00 PM
((what a natural lol))
Oct 27, 6:00 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((11+4=15 booOoooo ))
((he's just good at being.. mouthy ~ ))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 6:01 PM
((it hits lol))
((monster's AC is like 13))
Oct 27, 6:01 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((OH RIGHT))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 6:02 PM
((you guys kept hitting really high or really low lol))
((roll for damaaaage))
Oct 27, 6:02 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((basically hahaha))
((6+2=8 😀 ))
((oh god emoji))
((I attack the emoji instead))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 6:02 PM
The creature grunts, the damage not as bad as the hit from Abel, but enough to break its concentration. It drops Abel onto the ground unceremoniously and stumbles backwards.
More equipment clatters to the floor, and a small silver carrying case pops open, a microphone formerly resting on the padding inside forced out and rolls to Abel's feet.
Oct 27, 6:03 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((yesssss))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 6:04 PM
You can feel words inside your heart, moving to the beat of a song.
It's so faint, you almost can't hear it inside you, but it's there, the faintest whisper ... Refreshing ... Rhapsody ... Transform!
Oct 27, 6:04 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
Gasping, Abel scrambles to his feet trying to shake his head clear. He stares at the microphone that bumped against his foot before crouching to pick it up. Wasn't this like the one Morthos...? He yelps when the weird whispering starts. Okay, this was I like the thing Morthos did.

Glancing up at the raging beast and back down to the microphone, he shrugs. Why let him have all the attention?

He raises the object above his head, clearing his throat and adamantly calling out, "Refreshing Rhapsody.... Transform!"
Dilraj • Oct 27, 6:07 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((HAHAH))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 6:08 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
** this was definitely like the thing Morthos did.
Dilraj • Oct 27, 6:08 PM
A light similar to Morthos' surrounds you and you find yourself suddenly wearing a similarly themed outfit to Morthos' Wonderland transformation. The microphone you were holding has transformed to look like Morthos', and the crystal ball shimmers before becoming a crystallized weapon.
Oct 27, 6:08 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
(( competitive to the end! ))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 6:08 PM
((feel free to roll to attack with your weapon lol))
((you guys are doing great btw he's more than half dead now lol))
Oct 27, 6:10 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((kick his ass baby))
((Morthos is gonna nap now that you got everything under control~))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 6:11 PM
((oh or you can use abilities ofc lol))
((i forgot since morthos seems to like straight up brute forcing stuff lol))
Oct 27, 6:12 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
Abel blinks, turning comically to squint at his reflection in the nearest polished surface. He shrugs appreciatively. He certainly filled the outfit out better than that lout, if he thought so himself. Twirling his quarterstaff and cast shilleilagh (turning the crystalline effigy into a glittering thorned branch), he stops to stand confidently before the creature (smirking once at Morthos for effect).

"You've met your match, uh...Creature!" (Whatever, names aren't important).

With that he leaps forward, spinning his staff in a graceful motion before lashing out at the creature.

(( 13+2= 15 to hit ))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 6:13 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((hahahaha right, I should.. probably.. be a bard.....))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 6:13 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
(( oooorrr cross class fighter/barbarian ))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 6:14 PM
((okay that definitely hits go ahead to roll damage))
Oct 27, 6:14 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((I JUST MIGHT))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 6:14 PM
((Morthos seems like a college of valor bard))
Oct 27, 6:15 PM
Dilraj Gahunia

Dilraj • Oct 27, 6:15 PM
((which gives attack bonuses i believe))
Oct 27, 6:15 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
(( 1d8 + 2 MAX DAMAGE 10 ))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 6:15 PM
((JESUS))
Oct 27, 6:15 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
(( I had to screencap so y'all would believe me lmao ))
(( rolling WELL today for once ))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 6:15 PM
((he is like almost dead lol))
The Cardsta reels, the multiple cuts and gashes it's sustained oozing metallic purple blood.
((alright Vanessa you might be able to finish this off lol))
Parees stares at the both of you, costumed to the nines, and begins trying to slap the receptionist awake.
Oct 27, 6:17 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((hahaha))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 6:19 PM
((roll to hit V lol))
Oct 27, 6:21 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
Morthos unconsciously licks his lips after watching the transformation of his possible partner (thinking more on that *later*, certainly). He whistles sharply through his teeth and points at the creature. "Learn some fucking manners," he laughs, and lunges at him
Vanessa • Oct 27, 6:21 PM
((omg lol spicy boy indeed lol))
Oct 27, 6:21 PM
Mikhaila Leid
(gotta go welp sorry i need to get up early but thanks for having me))
Mikhaila • Oct 27, 6:22 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((sorry I reread what I was gonna cast and it's a reaction >:0 would have been perf))
((aww thanks for coming!!))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 6:22 PM
((sleep well mik!!!!))
Oct 27, 6:22 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((16+4=20 aw yeeeeah))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 6:22 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
((G'night Mik!!!! ❤ ))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 6:22 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((kisss me arse monster))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 6:22 PM
((oooooo it hits but what's the damageeee))
Oct 27, 6:23 PM
Mikhaila Leid
((thank you!! night!))
Mikhaila • Oct 27, 6:23 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((noooooo 3+2=5 pATHETIC))
((damn it, hit me, beastie, I'm ready for a reaction now lol))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 6:23 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
(( omg Abel wants to land the finishing blow LKFJSKLFJS HAHAHA HE'S WAITING IN THE WINGS ))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 6:24 PM
You make contact but you only manage to make a shallow cut in its side. Glittery purpley blood drops out.
Oct 27, 6:24 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((whomp whomp))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 6:24 PM
((oop i rolled to see who it would attack next))
No longer feeling threatened by Morthos, it turns its entire attention to Abel.
((9, doesn't beat your AC lol))
Worn down and pushed to its limit, the Cardsta makes a great swing, and misses!
Oct 27, 6:25 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((rolls around impatiently I WANNA SET IT ON FIRE))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 6:25 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
(( LMAO ))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 6:25 PM
((turn over)0
Oct 27, 6:25 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
Abel ducks gracefully & pirouettes out and away, twirling his shilleilagh before settling into a fighting stance. He smirks at Morthos before pivoting and streaking towards the wounded Cardsta.

(( 15 + 2 = 17 ))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 6:27 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((gods, make out already boys))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 6:27 PM
((oooooooo))
((BUT WILL THE DAMAGE DO IT))
Oct 27, 6:27 PM
Dilraj Gahunia

(( I CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP ))
(( 10!!!!! ))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 6:28 PM
((okay so ngl i was like, dee needs to get a max hit rn because it has EXACTLY 10 HP LEFT))
Oct 27, 6:28 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((HAHAHA))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 6:28 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
(( SCREAMS ))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 6:29 PM
The Cardsta stumbles, crashing into the table and cracking it in two!
Oct 27, 6:29 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((amazing))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 6:29 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
Abel leaps away as the Cardsta shatters, calling out "And that's how it's done."
Dilraj • Oct 27, 6:29 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
Morthos clicks his tongue. "That's coming out of *your* pay."
Vanessa • Oct 27, 6:29 PM
As the smoke clears you find the body of a sleeping tween, decked out in all of Morthos' merchandise.
Four face down playing cards rest near her body.
Oct 27, 6:29 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
Abel stares at the kid. "Well, I suppose there's no accounting for taste..."
Dilraj • Oct 27, 6:29 PM
Parees clutches her chest and leans against the wall, closing her eyes.
"Stress is gonna kill me." She mumbles.
Oct 27, 6:30 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
Morthos rolls his eyes and walks over to the cards. "Collect them," he orders, crouching to pick one up.
Vanessa • Oct 27, 6:30 PM
As you touch a card, they glow, and one of them zips over to the both of you and the others disappear with a little pop.
!!! Morthos now has access to the one time-use boost(s): Initiative+1
Abel now has access to the one time-use boost(s): Survival+1, Acrobatics+1
These boosts are one time use only and can be kept track of in your inventory. !!!
Oct 27, 6:31 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
Abel purses his lips in annoyance. "Don't tell me what to do." he mutters, crouching to pick up a card anyway.
Dilraj • Oct 27, 6:31 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
Morthos narrows his eyes and curses softly in infernal. "Why do they do that? It's such a bother."
Vanessa • Oct 27, 6:31 PM
Abel feels a heat on his forearm as a black diamond tattoo appears.
Oct 27, 6:32 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
Abel stares at the card quizically, before looking at Morthos and Parees in helpless confusion. "Okay, so is somebody going to explain what's going on, or..?"
Dilraj • Oct 27, 6:32 PM
Morthos' black club tattoo warms as well.
Oct 27, 6:33 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
Morthos shrugs. "If only I could. Now maybe *someone* will stop looking at me like I kept this a secret from her all this time~"
Vanessa • Oct 27, 6:33 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
Abel hisses at the slight burn, staring down at the tattoo that stands out a little too starkly against his skin.
Dilraj • Oct 27, 6:33 PM
Parees holds her hands up in total disbelief, slapping the receptionist one last time.
Oct 27, 6:34 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
"So, wait, you really have no clue? This wasn't part of your..." Abel trails off, waving his hands around, " team up idea?"
Dilraj • Oct 27, 6:34 PM
"I just ... wanted to be a good manager." Parees says softly, tears welling up in her eyes.
Oct 27, 6:34 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
He grins wickedly at him, then scoffs, tossing his head a little, curls bouncing. "As if I'd go through the trouble."
((aww NOOO))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 6:35 PM
She slaps the receptionist again and drags herself to her feet, scuffing her palm against her face and pulling out her Rune.
Oct 27, 6:35 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
Abel gives him a deadpan stare. "Well clearly you could use the help, because all I saw was a whole lot of bad choreography."
Dilraj • Oct 27, 6:35 PM
Parees calls someone, her voice getting clearer, and demanding a cleanup crew and a Healer to their floor.
She seems to be focused on the call for now.
Oct 27, 6:36 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
Morthos gives a tut. "Now, come, don't be like that, sweetheart. I'm sure you'll find a way to match my rhythm in time."
Vanessa • Oct 27, 6:36 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
"Alright, well. This really... wasn't what I was expecting, but. I guess I'll be accepting your unit request. After all, someone's going to need to whip this one into shape. He won't be Hero Idol for long if he can't land a decent hit. We'll need to draft up a comprehensive schedule, but that can be left for later."

He skips past Morthos' goad breezily, "And yes, we'll definitely need to work on your rhythm. It's atrocious and I absolutely can't match it as it is."
Dilraj • Oct 27, 6:38 PM
Parees sighs as she ends her call. "Let's go back to the penthouse ..."
((BRIEF BREAK))
Oct 27, 6:39 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((hahahaha))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 6:39 PM
((and then some wrapup rp sorry it's taking so long ;-;))
((i think i gave the monster too much hp lol))
Oct 27, 6:39 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
Morthos yawns and stretches, cracking his neck. "Yes, fine. I could use a nap."
Vanessa • Oct 27, 6:39 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
(( haha no it's okay! I feel like this is a comfortable place to end? We could always pick up at the penthouse next time O: It's 12:40am over here lol ))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 6:39 PM
((that's a good idea))
((OKAY THANK YOU FOR THE WONDERFUL SESSION))
((i'll keep fine tuning the pacing lol))
Oct 27, 6:40 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((WHOOO))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 6:40 PM
((i hope it was okay lol))
Oct 27, 6:40 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((way to roll well Dee omg))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 6:40 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
"Yes, we'll need to discuss contract details, and the schedule would need drafting..." he trails off as he gets that obnoxious Type A overachiever look in his eyes.
Dilraj • Oct 27, 6:40 PM
((lol))
Oct 27, 6:41 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
((It was fun!!!! I had a great time! I'm really excited to explore these characters/this setting!! ))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 6:41 PM
((me too lol!))
Oct 27, 6:41 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((yessss and Morthos needs people to keep him in check hahaha))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 6:41 PM
((okay guys sleep well <3333))
Oct 27, 6:41 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
(( Lmao why am i not surprised ;3 ))
(( thanks!! You too! <333 ))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 6:42 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
(( LAZY SPICY BOY))
Vanessa • Oct 27, 6:42 PM
Dilraj Gahunia
(( g'night ny'all! ))
(( hahaha best boy ))
Dilraj • Oct 27, 6:42 PM
Vanessa Stefaniuk
((night!!))

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron